Alton C. Bristow
Alabama USA Missions exists “to develop and implement programs and ministries in soul winning, church planting and church growth that will assist the local church to reach and reap the harvest of the 21st Century.” The New Testament images of the church are: a body, a family, a flock, a community, and an army. God has called His Church to; (1) Love the Lord with all your heart; (2) Love your neighbor as yourself; (3) Go and make disciples; (4) Baptize them; and (5) Teach them to obey. These five basic elements of ministry demonstrate to the world a very productive and effective faith. For this reason, we exist to edify, encourage, exalt, equip and evangelize.
Senior Adult Talent
Congratulations to all of this year’s Alabama Senior Adult Talent Winners!
Alabama State Home Mission Rallies
During the months of September and October, eight regional home mission rallies were conducted with the purpose of raising funds to plant a church in Madison, Alabama. A fantastic couple, Michael and Janah Williams, have recently moved from South Georgia to plant this church, which will be called New Life Chapel. They are fully endorsed by the Church of God Church Planting Endeavor headed up by Reverend Mitch Maloney, Sean O’Neal and the International Executive Council. They have been through the ARC training program, and you may see their interview at the last Executive Council Meeting at www.churchofgod.org by typing in the words “church planting” in the search box and clicking on International Executive Council update.
Michael and Janah had the opportunity to cast their vision for this church plant in each one of the regional rallies and the people of Alabama responded to the challenge. A grand total of over $70,000 was raised in cash and six month commitments in the eight rallies. The plans are to officially launch this church plant in January of 2018. If you were not able to attend one of these home mission rallies, it is certainly not too late to become a partner in this project. Simply contact Al Bristow or Bishop Terry Hart at the Alabama Church of God State Office.
Our church plant in Madison, Alabama was on the local news November 19, for “Save a Tree, Change a Life.” Continue to pray for the church plant. Michael and Janah Williams are sold out to planting a church in that city, and the Church of God in Alabama is behind them!
“What a day! We had an AWESOME first day! THANK YOU to everyone who has given, prayed, called, texted, and supported us through this process. We couldn’t have done it without you!! We launched with 140 in attendance! To God be the glory!”
– Michael & Janah Williams
USA Missions | Ministries
Church Planting (PDF Format)
Church Planting Application (PDF Format)
Satellite Model Church (PDF Format)
Restart Based Church (PDF Format)
25 Questions for Church Planters (PDF Format)
Email us if you would like a New Church Orientation Packet.
Retired Ministers / Couple / Widows | Church Adoption Plan (iCARE)
To develop a partnership between the state and local ministries of Alabama to care for our retiree’s and widows. It is our desire to; (1) see that local Church of God congregations across Alabama become iCARE congregations by adopting our retired ministers, couples and widows so that they may continue to receive the resources, encouragement and prayer covering that they need; and (2) that Women’s Ministries in Alabama partner with local leadership to add further support and care for our widows. Our goal is that every retired minister, couple and widow be adopted by a local church in Alabama.
Because we care enough not to forget their sacrifice and labor, we promise to connect our retirees and widows with Alabama Pastors and take every step necessary to insure that they remain a vital part of the Church of God in Alabama.
1. Financial: We will seek 110 local iCARE congregations to make a financial commitment of $2,400.00 annually or $200.00 per month to adopt one or more of our retired ministers, couples or widows in Alabama. By doing so, they will enable them to receive the following support:
- Financial assistance to attend Camp Meeting
- Financial assistance to attend Prayer Conference
- Financial assistance to attend General Assembly
- Receive an annual Christmas offering and banquet
- Receive C+ Insurance supplement
2. Relational: By becoming an iCARE Church, we will ask each iCARE congregation to be relational by:
- Utilizing retirees in mentoring opportunities
- Hosting retired ministers to speak and giving them a love offerings as determined by the Senior Pastor
3. Spiritual: Because spiritual care is our greatest need, we will ask all of our iCARE congregations to attend to the spiritual needs as they arise by:
- Praying for them
- Visit them during times of sickness or bereavement
- Provide counseling during times of crisis
- Provide resources such as books, tapes or CD’s of special services, Camp Meetings or Prayer Conference for their spiritual nourishment
Home: 205-590-2716 | Cell: 205-420-9093